Thursday, April 2, 2009

WANTED...New Family

Here's a real gem for all of you. When I broke the news to my children that they may not be spending the night at Nana and Pa's house Emma freaked out. Joseph had a cold and I didn't know if he would be better by then. She couldn't believe that I could do that to them. This being the final days of my children's spring break, I've turned into a beast of a mother. When she wouldn't drop it, I told her to make a little sign, go stand out on the street and look for a new mom that would treat her a little bit better. Imagine my surprise when this little note was placed before me at the table. Here's a translation of my six year old's plea..."Help, please. Emma Manning needs new family. School is Rio Vista. A family with no dogs. A family who is a member of the church." It made my morning! This wasn't a joke. Emma notified me that she would call often and come back to say good bye to Daddy. I told Emma to remind her new mommy about dance class and the recital fees. She even packed a bag, complete with dance outfit, school outfit, church outfit, MP3 player and a few random toys. When I told Audrey she could probably take a friend with her to our annual camping trip at Hume Lake, Emma looked a little sick. The real kicker was when I told her she should probably start calling me Kara instead of Mom (we wouldn't want her new mom to feel gypped). After her goodbyes with Grandma Wyatt, she told me that maybe I should just post the note on my blog and see if we got any hits because she was a little nervous standing out on the street (I'm not kidding). So finally...if there are any takers please let us know immediately.
The good news is that they are currently with my parents!!! When Sonny and I were leaving Costco today (how wonderful to shop with one baby that can't ask for anything or eat any samples) he was missing them. He Asked, "Kara, don't you miss the kids?" My only response was, "Do I really have to answer that?"
Here's a couple more photos. I finally had to transfer almost 900 pics from my camera onto the computer because my memory card was full. Given my recent download and free time I can do a new post! Hope you all are well and are surviving the spring break.


Hiking with the kids on New Years. Yes, it's been that long. I'm not even posting Christmas pics.

We probably shouldn't have gone when a mountain lion was in the neighborhood.

Joe's first trip to the dentist. Even though he had to lay back with his shoes off, he did awesome...no cavities!!!



Our growing baby girl.





The cheapest pony ride ever! She doesn't quite
meet the height requirement for the real ones.









In her Sunday best.





Sticky...my new gecko

Audrey as the photographer...Emma the model (Does Emma think her new mom would let her kids play with her camera?)


A typical picture when all the kids are in it.

12 comments:

Kristi said...

I would just like to be the first to say..."I'll take her!" I'll treat her way better and let her visit often. Okay, she's probably leave here kicking and screaming after she sees how "unfair" my kids have it. LOVE THOSE KIDS!! That picture of Livie with a little bow is so freakin' tootie! Loves!

Mindy said...

Cracked up!!!! That is so stinking funny that I just cracked up! Wouldn't it be nice if we could picket anything that was causing us a problem? Imagin "Need new baby. Eats too often and doesn't sleep much." Or "Need husband willing to take out trash and fix garage door as needed."

Rebecca said...

Her letter is so funny! Kids are the best. Hope you survived spring break.

Trena said...

I want Emma!! I'll take her and give her whatever she wants! :) That letter is hilarious. You have to save it. And I loved all your pictures. So cute Ra!

Fealyclan said...

Oh my GOSH!! I am busting up! That is so funny at least she knows what she needs in life huh? If you haven't already taken these generous offers, I'd take her any day...want to trade? j/k ha ha! I can't believe she did that. You know...You make your blogs worth the wait. I'm dying here.HA HA HA!!

I'm so glad Joe didn't have any cavities and that Olivias making good use of that pony. Was Audrey disappointed when she found out she probably can't invite a friend to Hume Lake now?

Love the update.

Amanda said...

I will take your adorable daughter too! That way I can have a little miniature Kara with me wherever I go. That is such a funny story! I love that you told her to start calling you Kara! I'm so ticked that we can't be Moms and live by eachother! Gosh, then we could share these rediculous things all the time! How do all of your children look EXACTLY like you! Even now little Olivia.

Yea I know my daughter is a tom boy and I know I can't blame anyone but myself. Speaking of American Way......man I miss that place!

I totally miss you and wish we could hang out! (this is turning into an e-mail, not a "comment") You should bring your family and come stay with us in Hawaii....seriously! Think about it. Love you

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susanna Landon said...

Don't you just love when your kids think they have it so bad? I often remind Blake that he is the only child in the neighborhood with two scooters, a bike , a battery powered jeep, and a skateboard. Crazy Ingrates!

Christina said...

Aww, that really is something to keep for her journal someday... and her new family of course. lol. My daughter is almost 4 and the same attitude sometimes, glad I'm not alone. Your kids are all adorable by the way, the baby is getting so big too! :)

Trena said...

Ok, I updated, now it's your turn. Do it or I'm going to hold Maggie hostage forever!!

Katie said...

I see how it is... you comment but don't update your own blog?? hhmm?

PRC said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/cara-alami-agar-tubuh-cepat-tinggi