Thursday, March 13, 2008

My Parenting at its Best!!!

For all you mothers and fathers out there that need to feel better about your own parenting...this is for you. Here we have Joseph asleep with his hands in his alphabet soup. Now, that alone isn't too bad, but after I got his picture, I left him like that. I'd say Joe slept with his hands in his soup for a good half hour. We had just gotten home from church and we had to be at Tim's memorial at the Apple Valley airport in one hour. I knew if I tried to move him he would wake up. The really embarrassing part is when Sonny was finished counting tithing at church, he came home and found Joseph like this. The icing on the cake is that my dad got to the house at the same time and found his precious Joseph as you see him here. I made sure he could breathe though.

What started as the girls watering the new fruit trees, turned into crusty underwear and dread locks. I came in the house to answer a phone call from my mother. I was on the phone ten minutes, when the muddy animals tried to come into the house. They were freezing to death, but I made them stay out there until I could get some pictures and figure out what I was going to do. I brought them in the house through my bedroom slider and carried them one by one into my shower. They weren't happy when I had to spray them off and shampood them about three times, but I think they're over it. Audrey hates showers!



This one is classic. This was Joseph's little battery operated quad that he got for his birthday. We put an orange cone out in the culdesac when the kids want to ride their bikes out there to warn the neighbors, and I of course stay out there with them. Well Joe was getting a little cocky and decided the little circle he was driving in was not good enough. He took off and wouldn't come back. After my photo opportunity he was almost to the stop sign before I caught him. I made it...but for times that I don't I think my kids have concourses of angels watching over them.
Now this particular instance had my neighbors in an uproar. The girls were dying to go up on the roof with Pa and Daddy. Me being the mother I am finally consented. Although Dad and Sonny were supposed to hold their hands the entire time they let them wander with no hand. Now our neighbors had several people from their church over for lunch. You should have seen the crowd of people gathered to watch my children walk on the roof. There were quite a few comments made as well, but I chose to ignore them. The girls had a blast but haven't been on the roof since. I must admit...I was nervous the entire time they were up there.

So here you have little glimpses into my imperfect life that I'm so grateful for. I may not be perfect, but I love my children to death and give it my all!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's what you've got to love about liviing in Apple Valley (atleast in your area)...nosey neighbors. In my old neighborhood, it was actually considered fine parenting to let your little babies wander around outside without adult supervision! I was the adopted mom in my old neighborhood. I'm sure Joey's fingernails were baby butt soft after his "soak" in ABC soup! As for the mud: I had a psychology teacher make us play in it for an assignment. It is supposed to be quite therapeutic. Of course I did it in Utah and it was like 5 below outside!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, and I love the muddy butt cheeks too! I feel like a bad parent because I don't ever let my kids get messy. I think it's a necessary part of childhood.

Adriana said...

Thanks for inviting her over today.Micaela had such a good time she told me that Audrey was coming over tomorrow to paint... so I guess we'll have to plan that sometime. Thanks again! Oh by the way it sounds like you are a way cool mom!

Katie said...

love those mud buns!! Too cute! What's life without a little danger?

Trena said...

Mother of the Year! :) It's times like that when you were a kid and think, "my parents are cool". I love the dirty bums and the walking in the roof with Pa. I can't wait to see you next month! Why is it so far away??

Fealyclan said...

Awesome! I love all of those pictures. I really like the one of Pa and the girls on the roof...priceless.

Fealyclan said...

Awesome! I love all of those pictures. I really like the one of Pa and the girls on the roof...priceless.