Thursday, December 13, 2007

Looks Can Be Deceiving

Okay...so this is our picture perfect tree at the tree farm. We go back a couple weeks later to have it cut down and bring it home. When we begin the process of washing it and putting it in the stand, Sonny decides (like he does every year) that he "hates" Christmas trees. We finally get it in the house and standing straight, only to dicover the following morning that it drank all of its water and the trunk has sealed off. We lay it down to recut the trunk and then it takes another hour to get it standing and straight again. When we start to hang the lights, Sonny stood on one side of the tree and I on the other handing the lights back and forth. I saw some clusters of dead needles inches away from my face. When I went to pull them off, my eyes focused in on a lizard. Ya...it wasn't dead needles. The kids then had to inspect the captured creature for about twenty minutes. Then there was the strange, gigantic spider we found on the wall soon after. Real trees sure do smell good and look pretty, but they're a pain in the butt and house lots of little creatures. Here's the kids and the final product. All in all, I'd say it was worth it!

5 comments:

Trena said...

Can I just say that I love your hair short??? You look so awesome! I want to cut mine off again, but Aaron likes it long. I think I'll try to convince him that's it's okay for me to cut it once in a while! You look smokin' hot!! And by the way, I'm totally on Sonny's side when it comes to the tree.

Amanda said...

Wow I was just gonna say the same thing that Trena said.........I love your short hair! I've never seen you with short hair but it is so cute on you. Love the tree too.

Anonymous said...

Okay, that is the radest picture ever of your little lizard. By the way, it looks completely harmless. I would have freaked about the spider though! Can I just say how much all the kids look like me. :)

Rebecca said...

Cute blog Kara! We need to get together for lunch again. It seems like we haven't talked forever.

Katie said...

I love love love how Audry is topless in that pic.. so cute!!